- She Is The Principal Investigator And Also Co-Investigator In Several Research Projects With Icmr (Indian Council Of Medical Research)
- She Has Received The Coveted Oration At The Indo Oncology Summit Held In January 2018
- Teaching Faculty At Indian College Of Radiation Oncologists ( Icro)
- Invited speaker at The International Neurology Conference in Dubai in 2016
- Reviewer for articles in various International journals -
- Editorial Board Member of the HSOA Journal of Cancer Biology and Treatment
- Authored chapters in Text books of Oncology-
- Instrumental in developing the radiation department of a rural based oncology centre at Rewari with high quality cancer treatment in 2005
- Academic Incharge of B.Sc Radiation Oncology Technology degree course affiliated to Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi.
- Examination Evaluator for Graduation degree course Radiation technology at Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi.
Principal Investigator and as co-investigator in several Research Projects with ICMR (Indian Council Of Medical Research)
Post Graduate Thesis Guide-
- Nominated Member of Project Advisory committee For Health Communication, Dept Of Science and Technology, Govt Of India
- Selected among women achievers of the year by The Hindustan times 2015
- Received the coveted Oration at The Indo Oncology Summit held in January 2018
- Dosimetric comparison between PBS and Photon-based IMRT or VMAT as a boost in Carcinoma of cervix. International Journal of Particle Therapy, Sep 2017, Vol. 4, No. 2 (Fall 2017) pp. 1-10
- Carcinoma of the vulva - dilemma, debates and decisions" accepted for publication in Cancer Management and Research.2018:10 61-68 .Mitra S, Kumar Sharma M, Kaur I, Khurana R, Batra Modi K, Narang R, Mandal A, Dutta S. Vulvar carcinoma.
- Prospective study of neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy using IMRT and 5 Fluorouracil for locally advanced rectal cancer - toxicities and response assessment." Cancer Management and Research", 2018, 10:519-526
- Rising Incidence of Rectal Carcinoma in the Young Age “Is it A Concern? An Indian Perspective, Journal of Cancer Prevention & Current Research, Vol 8, Issue 4, 2017
- Resurrection of whole liver radiotherapy-A case report Journal of the Egyptian National Cancer Institute · March 2017,
- Dosimetric influence of photon beam energy and number of arcs on volumetric modulated arc therapy in carcinoma cervix: A planning study. Reports of Practical Oncology and Radiotherapy 22(1) February 2017
- “Emerging role of neurocognitive sparing radiotherapy: Can it be the new standard of care?” Journal of Neurology & Neurophysiology, J Neurol Neurophysiol 2017, 8:4,
- Resurrection of whole liver radiotherapy-A case report. J Egyptian Nat Cancer Inst (2017)-
- Dosimetric influence of photon beam energy and number of arcs on volumetric modulated arc therapy in carcinoma cervix: A planning study.
- Reports of Practical Oncology and Radiotherapy 22(1) February 2017
- Recurrent Cancer of the Vulva: Clinicopathologic Prognostic Factors, Patterns of Recurrence, and Their Management. journal of gynecologic surgery, volume 32, number 6, 2016
- Dosimetric Comparison between Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy and 3 Dimensional Conformal Radiotherapy in the Treatment of Rectal Cancer,Asian Pacific journal of cancer prevention 4935- November 2016
- P0013 Role of adaptive radiotherapy in locally advanced head and neck cancer: A dosimetric analysis, Jul 2015,European Journal of Cancer
- Improving the accuracy of target volume delineation by combined use of computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and positron emission tomography in head and neck carcinomas, Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics 11(4):746 January 2015
- hopes and hypes with image based brachytherapy: an indian experience with 53 patients. can it be the standard yet? Dec 2014Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology
- Primary gastric Burkitt's lymphoma Rare tumors 6;5300 November 2014
- Is volumetric modulated arc therapy (RapidArc) better than intensity modulated radiotherapy for gynecological malignancies? A dosimetric comparison, Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics 10(4):883-8 ,October 2014
- Randomized Clinical Trial of Weekly vs. Triweekly Cisplatin-Based Chemotherapy Concurrent With Radiotherapy in the Treatment of Locally Advanced Cervi... Mar 2012International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics
- Pulmonary metastasis from renal synovial sarcoma treated by Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy: A case report and review of literature. Accepted for publications in Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics in january to march 2010 issue.
- Reverse Boost with Interstitial implants in the treatment of Early Stage Breast Carcinoma. November 2009 issue of Indian Brachytherapy news.
- Synchronous malignant vagal paraganglioma with contralateral carotid body paraganglioma treated by radiation therapy. Published in the journal of rare tumors, March 2010.
- Letter to the Editor-Randomized Clinical Trial of Weekly vs. Triweekly Cisplatin-Based Chemotherapy Concurrent With Radiotherapy in the Treatment of Locally Advanced Cervical Cancer: International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics Volume 82, Issue 4, 15 March 2012, Pages 1320
- CHAPTER 103 - Radiotherapy in Colorectal and Anal Carcinoma- Published by Jaypee in in Text Book of gastrointestinal Surgery,2016
- Chapter on Gynae radiation Oncology in Text Book Of Oncology - on Going
- Effect of photon energy on conventional Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy and Rapid arc radiotherapy planning for deep-seated targets in Carcinoma Cervix [Manindra Bhushan, Girigesh Yadav, Abhinav Dewan, Lalit Kumar, Kothanda Raman, Manoj Kumar Sharma, Swarupa Mitra] [The Polish Journal of Medical Physics and Engineering]
- Simultaneous Integrated Boost by Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (SIB-IMRT) in Patients undergoing Breast Conserving Surgery - A Clinical and Dosimetric Perspective[The Breast]
- A Case report Evaluating Combined effect of Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT) and Deep Inspiratory Breath Hold (DIBH) for Mediastinal Lymphoma
- A Rare Presentation of Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Kidney: A Case Report [Annals of Urology]
Evaluation of distress and exploring emotional issues in patients undergoing pelvic radiation therapy: A subjective report on psychosocial well being of cancer patients
A prospective trial of post operative carcinoma Gall bladder T2 No, and above- Adjuvant Radiotherapy vs Radio-chemotherapy
Retrospective study comparing NACT followed by surgery vs Radical CTRT in carcinoma cervix
PI for this project on Patterns of Care and Survival Studies at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, with NCRPBLR.
A Prospective Assessment of Deep Inspiration Breath-Hold for Left-Sided Breast Radiotherapy [Patient recruitment completed, Data Collection]
Scalp Sparing Whole Brain Radiotherapy by Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy: A Dosimetric and Clinical [Data Collection]
A Retrospective analysis of Liver SBRT: Clinical and Dosimetric Outcomes [Data Collection in process
1.Mitra Swarupa. A.Abhishek,S. Bisht, N Janardan, Kataria T. Active breathing coordination : role in treatment of tumors moving with respiration. Abstract published in JCRT Nov 2009.
2.Mitra Swarupa. A.Abhishek, S. Bisht, N Janardan, Kataria T.. PET CT co-registration based intensity modulated radiation therapy of head and neck cancers. Abstract published in JCRT Nov 2009.
3.'Hopes and hypes with image based brachytherapy: an indian experience with 53 patients. can it be the standard yet? Manoj Kumar Sharma, Swarupa Mitra, Upasna Saxena, Maninder Mishra, Himanshu Srivastava, David Simson Abstract published in Asia pacific journal of clinical oncology, Nov 2014
4.Neoadjuvant chemotherapy followed by surgery vs definitive chemoradiation in treatment of localized carcinoma cervix -
Abstract presented and accepted at European Cancer Congress, Vienna Austria in Sept 2015
5.“Dosimetric Influence of Photon Beam Energy and number of Arcs on volumetric modulated arc therapy: A planning study” Has been accepted for presentation poster at AMPICON 20151.
6.Image guided interstitial brachytherapy for locally advanced disease after external beam radiotherapy in a case of carcinoma cervix - our institutional experience.
Journal of carcinogenesis, April 2016 Vol 15
7. Abstract - imrt in carcinoma cervix - maximizing the gain and nipping the side effects - rgci experience -Published in Asian Journal Of Oncology, April 2016 Vol 15
8. Case report of vaginal melanoma- - Published in Asian Journal Of Oncology, April 2016 Vol 15
9. The impact of tumour regression in locally advanced carcinoma cervix during external beam radiotherapy and the need for adaptive planning ,
- Have participated as invited speaker and panelist and chairpersons in national and international conferences.
- Presented more than 100 papers in various conferences, CMEs and symposias and seminars
- AROI -India, Indian Brachytherapy Society,
- Indian Society Of Oncology ISO,
- Euopean Society of Theapeutic Radiation Oncology ESTRO,
- Ameican Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology ASTRO
- International Pediatric Radiation Oncology SocietyIPROS,
- ICON- Indian Co-operative Oncology Network, (autonomous body of Indian Society of Medical & Pediatric Oncology)
- International society of Gynecology oncologists.
- ICRO- Academic wing of AROI
- Presently working- Senior Consultant and Chief -Gastrointestinal and Genitourinary Radiation Oncology at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre New Delhi
- Consultant and Unit Chief at ARTEMIS HEALTH INSTITUTE, Dept of Radiation Oncology
- Consultant and Head of the Department at MIMS and Cancer Hospital Rewari -
- Specialist Radiation Oncologist at Apollo Cancer Institute, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Specialist Radiation Oncologist at National Cancer Institute, Sabratha, Libya,
- Specialist at Tripoli Cancer Centre, Tripoli Libya,
- Resident at Mahavir Cancer Hospital, Patna.
- Resident at Patna medical College Patna.
- MBBS - RIMS, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- MD - PMCH, Patna, Bihar